Flightless Bird of Chickenry
Yes, you heard right, I called you a flightless bird of chickenry.
Okay, so only two or three people out there will know what I'm talking about, but who cares. I have of late devoted myself to combining unusual strings of words into what some might call a sentence. I, of course, being a well trained student of the English language, refuse to call them sentences. Really, they are more like quips to confuse bystanders--to make ten year old girls at Staples look at me funny (Excuse me, you prebusecent mock-monger, but a pack of 12 colorful gel ink pens for only two dollars IS something to get excited about...at any age!).
Sigh.
It's been a very odd week; a very, very odd day, too.
Yesterday I accidently flicked off a guy while in the car. I was saying that the Confederate flag is like a big F**ck You (am I allowed to curse on Blogger? I don't even know. I'll play it safe by asterisking.) to the rest of the U.S. And as I said that I actually performed the gesture. And as I performed the gesture I slowly (caught in Saskatoon's excuse for "traffic") passed by another car waiting to exit a parking lot and merge into traffic. The man looked at me funny. I proceeded to mouth "I'm Sorry!" and wave my hands in what I hoped was an apologetic gesture.
What do you do when a 10 year old has looked down her nose at you for yelping with stationary pleasure? What do you do when you've sort-of accidently flicked off an inocent by-stander to make a point about the Confederate flag?
You go home, drink a bit of your sherry (because I'm a bit of a Frasierite), and make up funny combinations of words.
Flightless bird of chickenry.
Say it after a few drinks and you'll giggle. Really.
Okay, so only two or three people out there will know what I'm talking about, but who cares. I have of late devoted myself to combining unusual strings of words into what some might call a sentence. I, of course, being a well trained student of the English language, refuse to call them sentences. Really, they are more like quips to confuse bystanders--to make ten year old girls at Staples look at me funny (Excuse me, you prebusecent mock-monger, but a pack of 12 colorful gel ink pens for only two dollars IS something to get excited about...at any age!).
Sigh.
It's been a very odd week; a very, very odd day, too.
Yesterday I accidently flicked off a guy while in the car. I was saying that the Confederate flag is like a big F**ck You (am I allowed to curse on Blogger? I don't even know. I'll play it safe by asterisking.) to the rest of the U.S. And as I said that I actually performed the gesture. And as I performed the gesture I slowly (caught in Saskatoon's excuse for "traffic") passed by another car waiting to exit a parking lot and merge into traffic. The man looked at me funny. I proceeded to mouth "I'm Sorry!" and wave my hands in what I hoped was an apologetic gesture.
What do you do when a 10 year old has looked down her nose at you for yelping with stationary pleasure? What do you do when you've sort-of accidently flicked off an inocent by-stander to make a point about the Confederate flag?
You go home, drink a bit of your sherry (because I'm a bit of a Frasierite), and make up funny combinations of words.
Flightless bird of chickenry.
Say it after a few drinks and you'll giggle. Really.
4 Comments:
Some fucking taxi driver gave me the finger today. He was trying cut across three lanes of traffic and I basically didn't let him do it by maintaining my current speed...which I am fully entitled, and expected to do. If he wants to change lanes it must be safe to do so.
Fucking taxi drivers are the dirtiest wank stains known to man. They make a living out of driving like a cunt and charge ridiculous prices for doing so.
By
Martyn, at August 29, 2006
i'm giggling now. the people in the library (i think they live here - i shall call them librarites) are looking at me funny...
three-toed sapsucker!
cheers.
By
Anonymous, at August 29, 2006
Interesting. Your drinking alone at home now?
Fraserite indeed.
:)
By
Lindell, at August 30, 2006
oops. I'm sure I will get beat for my spelling later ... so ... i mean
"you're"
Bah, english.
By
Lindell, at August 30, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home