Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong
I don't know how it happened.
When we first moved in, this was a quiet building--full of senior citizens, mormons, and us. But now it seems the seniors kicked the bucket, the mormons moved back to Utah, and we have been left to deal with their odd replacements.
The other day, L and I were walking down the east stairwell when we happened upon a curious woman on the landing. She was dressed in neon colored clothing and her long hair was badly permed. She looked like an extra from Wayne's World. She stood on the landing, holding the hallway door open and singing, "Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong....Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong...".
L was freaked out by the singing lady who stared at us and smiled, so he said, "Good Morning."
To which she replied, "Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong....Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong...".
I smiled awkwardly as I passed her and hurried down the last flight of stairs where L held the outside door open for me. As he held the door, he met the woman's eye--she continued watching, singing, and, surely, plotting our ghastly murder.
When we first moved in, this was a quiet building--full of senior citizens, mormons, and us. But now it seems the seniors kicked the bucket, the mormons moved back to Utah, and we have been left to deal with their odd replacements.
The other day, L and I were walking down the east stairwell when we happened upon a curious woman on the landing. She was dressed in neon colored clothing and her long hair was badly permed. She looked like an extra from Wayne's World. She stood on the landing, holding the hallway door open and singing, "Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong....Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong...".
L was freaked out by the singing lady who stared at us and smiled, so he said, "Good Morning."
To which she replied, "Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong....Thiiiiis iiiiiis myyyy sooooong...".
I smiled awkwardly as I passed her and hurried down the last flight of stairs where L held the outside door open for me. As he held the door, he met the woman's eye--she continued watching, singing, and, surely, plotting our ghastly murder.

2 Comments:
i don't know what's worse - crazy neighbours singing or neighbours who are crazy because they think that they can sing.
By
Anonymous, at October 17, 2005
That depends.
Are your neighbors, who are crazy because they think they can sing, also clad in anachronistic garb?
I'm thinking, if your neighbors aren't in tunics or
quasi-futuristic space clothing (a la Counselor Troy), then I win.
By
Anonymous, at October 18, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home