A Biased, Myopic Account of Mundane Events

Monday, August 15, 2005

Wisdom from the Farmer's Almanac

Part of my problem with summer is that time blends together. The days, the nights, the weeks, the months... I can't distinguish between them. So, that's why I can't remember when exactly L and I went down to the Farm. Nevertheless, we were there recently.

Here are a few facts that I learned on The Farm:

1. There are lot's of strange bugs. What's worse is that these strange bugs do not respect private property, no no...they go where they please. Of course, they then face smushing, but I get the feeling that they are generally comfortable with that risk since a couple of them stowed away in our luggage.

2. Cows are cute. Yes, they've got gunk in their eye and the poop liberally, but otherwise they're cute. However, and this is a big "however", the ones that have huge balls between their legs are not the best subjects for close-up photography. I also learned that I can run rather fast when properly motivated.

3. When visiting your local Hudderite colony, you should wear your best burqa. Not that I was dressed like a 2 pence harlot, not by our standards, perhaps. But to Phil, a hudderite who's claim to fame is that he fell off a horse and lived (though with some brain damage), I must've looked like a loose woman. Not only did he stare at my breasts, but he also salivated over my ankles. Lindell and his grandmother did their best to draw his attention away from me, but to no avail. Sigh. It's nice to know that if this whole "graduate school" thing doesn't work out, I can always bunk with Phil on the colony, bake bread, and trade in my Old Navy for polka-dotted duds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home