A Biased, Myopic Account of Mundane Events

Thursday, July 07, 2005

O --the horror

Tuesday after softball some of the team went over to Alexander's for beer. As the sun began to set, the mosquitoes began to bite. Everyone was batting their exposed bits and those of their neighbors. I thought that might be a good time to impart a bit of my random knowledge: mosquitoes like blondes better than brunettes. It seemed true, L was busy defending his epidermis while I sat back and enjoyed the evening. But I woke up the next morning not just with at least 40 (I kid you not) bites on my legs and thighs, but with 40 giant and swollen bites! This sent me to the internet; L only has 7 bites around his ankles and his are definitely not as gross looking as mine are. My research yielded this interesting information: mosquitoes do, indeed, prefer blondes to brunettes, but beyond this the little buggers favor type-O blood. That explains my problem, I'm O+. Sigh. So, all you O types out there, don't forget your OFF because I also learned that of all the animals (including insects) on Earth, mosquitoes cause the most human deaths. Oh! and another odd fact is that if you eat lots of bananas mosquitoes will be more attracted to you. Craaaazy.

2 Comments:

  • I find this news terribly disturbing because I am blonde, O-, and eat a lot of bananas. Strangely, I don't really have a problem with mosquitoes though. I do tend to cover more of my body (due to my overly-fair complexion I burn quite easily) and I think smoking might ward them off. Perhaps you should take up smoking...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 01, 2005  

  • Ohhh yeah, and sorry, but O- is even more suceptible!

    Smoking, eh? Excellent idea!Although cigarrettes do make my throat close up and I turn green....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home