A Biased, Myopic Account of Mundane Events

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Summer Solstice, Full Moon, Pagan (Belated) Birthday Party Report



This was my third and final birthday party of the year (way to milk it, eh?). My actual birthday was on May 28th, but since my parents were visiting I wasn't able to have a wild and crazy time. Then G and F visited and we had a really great intimate soirée (which resulted in the disintegration of G's retina). But I still hadn't had a wild, crazy party. So, counting on my lascivious classmates I decided to throw one last party during the week of the summer solstice (June 21st), which also happened to be a full moon. Charging all my fellow nerdy English majors to bring their own libations and to come dressed as their favorite pagan, the party preparations began. L and I made a mini Stonehenge out of rice krispie squares, complete with pagan worshippers and orgy goers (in the form of gummie bears).

Anyway, I dressed as the goddess Theia (a titan and goddess of "bright things") and L dressed as a Catholic priest (complete with the white collar and rosary-- and chastised all the dirty heathens ...although he did "marry" two of our friends with glow-in-the-dark swizzle sticks bent into wedding rings. Much debauchery ensued, by which I mean I took 6 or so tequila shots and ended the night barfing. Despite the miserable end, the party was great! Wish you all could've been there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home