Sigh. Losing My Mind.
Yesterday I put the tub of margarine on a hot burner. It melted the entire bottom of the tub. There was margarine everywhere.
Then today, in accordance with my continued hair obsession, I got a haircut. It's lovely, I quite like it. And I liked my hairdresser (for once). We bonded over an in-depth discussion of burritos--where to find them and how to fill them.
After my haircut , I left the salon feeling bouncy and new, so I made my way to the Roastery where L and I were supposed to meet for coffee.
I entered the coffee house and took a seat by the door since I was 30 mins early for my date. I sat for fifteen minutes pretending to work on my thesis, but mostly playing with my new hair. Then I had to use the loo and since I wasn't expecting L for another quarter of an hour, I made my way to the w.c. Afterwards, I returned to my seat and continued to wait.
I waited, reader, for another 20 mins. and then started to get a bit worried. I began watching the door more intently. Craning my neck to see who was approaching.
After 45 minutes, I began to feel a bit self-conscious...I was sure everyone around me could tell that I was waiting for someone and that that someone was not appearing.
At about this time I started to be uncomfortably reminded of the short movie L and I made with our CBC friend about a blind date that doesn't work out because the people never find each other.
After an hour and a half of waiting I decided to go home. Slightly embarrased. And rather puzzled regarding L's fate: was he dead? had our landlady cornered him about testing the smoke alarm? did he forget our date? was he still at home?
I arrived at home and less than five minutes later L arrived.
He'd arrived at the Roastery while I was in the bathroom and had sat in the one part of the coffee house I could not see.
All in all, it turned out okay. I made a hazelnut capuccino at home which was much yummier and cheaper than at the Roastery.
But this ordeal has made me think that maybe....maybe we do need cell phones?
Then today, in accordance with my continued hair obsession, I got a haircut. It's lovely, I quite like it. And I liked my hairdresser (for once). We bonded over an in-depth discussion of burritos--where to find them and how to fill them.
After my haircut , I left the salon feeling bouncy and new, so I made my way to the Roastery where L and I were supposed to meet for coffee.
I entered the coffee house and took a seat by the door since I was 30 mins early for my date. I sat for fifteen minutes pretending to work on my thesis, but mostly playing with my new hair. Then I had to use the loo and since I wasn't expecting L for another quarter of an hour, I made my way to the w.c. Afterwards, I returned to my seat and continued to wait.
I waited, reader, for another 20 mins. and then started to get a bit worried. I began watching the door more intently. Craning my neck to see who was approaching.
After 45 minutes, I began to feel a bit self-conscious...I was sure everyone around me could tell that I was waiting for someone and that that someone was not appearing.
At about this time I started to be uncomfortably reminded of the short movie L and I made with our CBC friend about a blind date that doesn't work out because the people never find each other.
After an hour and a half of waiting I decided to go home. Slightly embarrased. And rather puzzled regarding L's fate: was he dead? had our landlady cornered him about testing the smoke alarm? did he forget our date? was he still at home?
I arrived at home and less than five minutes later L arrived.
He'd arrived at the Roastery while I was in the bathroom and had sat in the one part of the coffee house I could not see.
All in all, it turned out okay. I made a hazelnut capuccino at home which was much yummier and cheaper than at the Roastery.
But this ordeal has made me think that maybe....maybe we do need cell phones?

3 Comments:
Uhhhhh... yah you need cell phones.
By
Lindsay, at January 18, 2007
i say a catheter would have solved this situation nicely. :)
By
Lindell, at January 18, 2007
It's like watching a game of football. You end up going for a piss and the chances are you will miss a goal.
Sod's Law.
By
Martyn, at January 24, 2007
Post a Comment
<< Home