A Biased, Myopic Account of Mundane Events

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Namaste* to you, Mr. Saturated Fat

Today I went to yoga...for the first time in QUITE a while. But it went well, very well, I think--despite the strangely evangelical vegan diatribe at the beginning (for a discussion of this see Kate's Blog). Frankly, I'm skeptical of any person or group of persons who claim to know the Truth about...well...anything.

Anyhow, it felt very good to do something difficult, the basic class was getting boring. But this class, which was intermediate, was a real challenge. I felt a swell of positive energy, though not due to the chanting in a foreign language that I do not speak.

So, how did I celebrate this positive use of energy, this new-found strength and dexterity? One iced capuccino (with whipped cream on top, thank you very much) and several handfulls of cheetos. It was great. I felt entitled to my caloric intake today. Thank you yoga, you didn't make me vegan...you made me turn to junk food. haha.

*namaste: ( Hindi, from Sanskrit namah te) I bow to you.

3 Comments:

  • i'll see your handful of cheetos and raise you a pint of haagen-das. oooh how i love the milk of other animals! miguelito made this beef cordon bleu thing last night. i'm sure i could have powered several suvs as a result.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 01, 2006  

  • Question. Why is it OK to drink the milk of say a cow in large quantities? But if I want human milk people think I'm perverted. Just a thought.

    By Blogger Martyn, at June 01, 2006  

  • AH! FLEISCHMAN!

    sigh. so very content now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home