A Biased, Myopic Account of Mundane Events

Monday, May 15, 2006

Lucky Day?

Not sure this really counts as a post...but I have something to say to the Universe and have no better way of doing so.

So here it goes:

Thank you, Universe. Today I was late for a meeting with my supervisor and you provided me with a parking spot near the arts tower. Then, when I approached the meter I noticed it still had one hour and nine minutes on it! Miracle of all miracles!! I didn't have to pay for parking at the university to which I have already sacrificed my entire financial future!

That is all.

On a not so happy note: how come when it was cold and drear, I couldn't work on my thesis because I didn't want to get out of bed to face the LCD screen of my computer? And how come now that it's gorgeous outside, I hardly set foot outside my apartment because I'm too busy staring at the LCD screen of my computer?

You know what, Universe? It's gonna take a lot more than an hour of free parking to put you back on my good side.

1 Comments:

  • don't worry, i'm sure the universe reads your blog. just like pope benny reads my blog and has now been inspired to completely reorganise the papal hierarchy and revisit dogmatic issues. and tomorrow, when we wake up, our thesises (thesi?) will be written, the day will be beautiful, and the city of saskatoon will have banned pay parking due to constitutional conflicts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home